Diversity, equity, and inclusion are on many multifamily professionals’ minds today—including ours. These concerns aren’t one-size-fits all. They impact many different aspects of our work including how we recruit and hire, how we manage and lead, and even how we communicate with our apartment teams. Whatever you’re focused on, find a helpful article in this curated list from trusted sources.
- Get Ready for Your Close-Up – Glassdoor is Asking Employees to Rate Your Diversity and Inclusion Practices: Glassdoor New Diversity and Inclusion Product Features
- Words Have Weight – Here’s How Forbes is Updating its Vocabulary: ‘There Is Nothing Minor About Us’: Why Forbes Won’t Use The Term Minority To Classify Black And Brown People
- Diversity Training Isn’t Necessarily the Answer – A Multifamily Insider’s Perspective on What Works and What Doesn’t: Four Keys to Building Diversity
- Nurturing Diversity Begins with How You Hire – Here are Some Ways to Update Your Hiring Practices: Tips for Hiring a Diverse Workforce
- Managers Make a Difference – Here’s How They Can Reduce Bias in Their Day-To-Day Interactions: Practical Ways Multifamily Managers Can Reduce Bias in the Workplace